Have you got a spaniel and want to train it for field trials or shoot over your dog? Do you want to learn how to set your dog up for success? Are you interested in training your spaniel in an effective and reward based way?
Then this course is for you! You will learn how to train the foundations of gundog training in a positive and effective way. You will learn how to develop really great rewards, how to build a great working relationship, how to teach your dog a solid sit and stay, how to start with quartering, steadiness to wing and directions. Finally you will learn how to bring it all together.
All the foundation work and exercises in this course are done without game.
Find out more about the course:
This course contains eight lessons, divided into two blocks of four. You can sign up for one block at a time (block 1 is 215 USD, block 2 is 180 USD) , or make a good deal by purchasing all eight lessons at once (360 USD for both).
It’s your choice! Block 1 is mandatory if you want to sign up for block 2.
This course contains the following chapters:
1. Welcome to a course full of opportunities.
2. Focus on the positive – how to set your dog up for success
3. The three training principles and how to apply them (lot´s of exercises!)
4. Recall – and how to teach the dog the turn signal
5. Eight steps to a solid sit and stay – follow these steps to
give your dog good understanding of this important foundation skill
6. Training steadiness to wing and shot in a playful way – how to train it without game
7. Quartering – teach your dog to hunt like crazy in a tight pattern
8. Blind retrieves – how to teach your dog directions
9. Bring it all together – prepare for a working test
You need a dog who loves his ball – or another toy – and loves to run straight back to deliver it to you. If you need
help with that part you can take a parallel course at Retrieving for All Occasions.
Join now (- or before May 31)
You can join the course between May 10 and May 31. Last day of application is May 31. You will get access to lessons 1, 2 and 3 at once, and three weeks after you started you’ll get access to lessons 4 and 5.
Block two opens 12 weeks after you started the course. First you’ll get access to lesson number 6. After three more
weeks you’ll get access to lesson number 7. And three weeks from that you will get lesson number 8 and 9. In this course you have 24 weeks (6 months) to finish your course . After 6 months you can still access all classes for another month but you will get no feedback from the teachers.
This is a comprehensive course full of exercises and you are welcome to post videos of your training and get feedback from one of the three teachers.